Ah, if only…..
Two. Little. Words.
How many times have you thought them, said them out loud? Wondered, wished, hoped, how much of a difference to your life…your IF ONLY…..would make?
If only….I had a £1 or 1 euro for every time I personally have said, “If Only!”
HOW MANY TIMES?!
I wonder if on a Sunday evening, you have thought to yourself, “If only I didn’t have to go to work tomorrow, I could just do with an extra day to get things done!”
How many parents that work, feel guilty about not spending enough time with the children? That “time” that we constantly refer to as Quality Time!
If only I had time to read a book from cover to cover, whilst eating chocolate and drinking tea all day!
If only I had time to phone/skype/facetime the family overseas more often.
If only I had time to…you can fill in the blanks!
WELL LOVELY PEOPLE.
Now. You. Do.
Because time, albeit at home, is suddenly what we have plenty of. Unless you are on the front line, fighting the invisible enemy!
We are in unprecedented times. Sure, it’s not ideal. We can’t go on holiday, visit family, friends etc. But for all the times we wished and wished to have more time, for all the “IF ONLY’S”, when we knew it couldn’t happen.
Now. It. Can.
TIME ON YOUR HANDS!
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Watch every single news station, all repeating the same thing, over and over so that you feel angry, fearful and overwhelmed
- Shop until you drop in order to stockpile so that you can build something the size of the Eiffel Tower in toilet rolls!
- Moan like crazy at the state of the world! Blaming everyone!
- Disregard the advice being given – no house parties! We all have a responsibility to save lives!
Wake up each morning and choose to weather the storm with courage, resilience and even a little humour. Here are a few pointers for “weathering the storm”!
- Focus on priorities – what needs to be done in terms of business and family.
- Become more aware about the decisions you need to make, for health and sanity!
- Adopt new habits for wellbeing whether that is drink more water, eat more healthily, get more sleep or use time to exercise!
- Do things that make you happy and smile!
A LITTLE WORD ABOUT (MUCH MALIGNED) SOCIAL MEDIA
Right now, is the time to take the lead and be inspiring. You have the power to create positivity, balance and calm and you can you know!
TODAY, TOMORROW, FOR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES
Even this “strange moment in time” we are in, is ticking away. Hopefully to a world that is a better place..? So, we urge you to take this opportunity with both hands and share this time wisely, with family and friends (virtually, of course!). We can all come through this stronger and wiser!